According to life coach Samantha Wuta-Ofei in order to succeed in life you have to think and walk like a champion. Ms. Wuta-Ofei referenced Muhammad Ali, the greatest heavyweight boxer to date, when she spoke on words of a champion.
Mr. Ali is widely recognised for his self praising phrases and proclamations like ‘I am the king of the world’ and ‘I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.’
“Muhammad Ali undoubtedly transformed the image of black sports men with his overwhelming strong sense of self belief” said Ms. Wuta-Ofei when speaking on, Mpwr elite, the weekly slot on the Mpwr show on YFM 107.9.
She continued to say “he spoke very positively about his life and actually made affirmations which is what I believe secured his place as the greatest sporting legend we have ever known, after all, BBC crowned Ali “Sports personality of the century”.’
Samantha went on to say that Muhammad Ali would have had to have been a very strong and courageous person to have emerged from white America as a black man with such popularity in the ‘60’s.
The Life Coach shared a story concerning her own mother telling the audience on YFM’s Mpwr show that as a young woman her mother had an encounter with the Sporting legend in the 1960’s when he came to Ghana, the boxer and her mother went out a few times and even then he would declare he was the ‘King of the world.’
The Life Coach believes that this was evidence that Muhammad Ali was ahead of his time with his positive self proclamations a phenomenon which has just seem to have caught on.
Samantha concluded by saying that we all need to speak positively into our lives, speaks words like a champion, the following a few of quotes from the iconic sporting legend that she believes are very inspiring and certifies him as the greatest sporting legend ever;
- It is the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, I believed in myself.
- What keeps me going are my goals.
- If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread then they can sure make something out of you.
- He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- The repetition of affirmations leads to a belief once that belief becomes a deep conviction things begin to happen.
- My only fault is that I don’t realize how great I really am.
- I am the greatest; I said this even before I knew I was.
- I hated every minute of training but I said don’t quit suffer now and live the rest of your life like a champion.
You can follow Samantha on Twitter @swofei