‘The Mummy’ London premiere canceled in wake of Manchester attack

Universal has canceled the London premiere for “The Mummy” following the attack in Manchester earlier in the week.

The studio released a statement on Thursday morning, ahead of the premiere which had been scheduled to take place on June 1.

“All of us at Universal have been devastated by the terror attack in Manchester and continue to stand with the community and country as it recovers. Out of respect to those affected by this tragedy we have decided not to move forward with the London premiere for ‘The Mummy’ scheduled to take place next week,” Universal’s statement said.

This announcement adds the film’s name to a list of movies and shows that have been either delayed or canceled in the days following the attack that left 22 people dead. On Wednesday, Warner Bros. announced that the London premiere for “Wonder Woman” had been canceled. Ariana Grande canceled all the dates of her European tour through June 5, including two that had been scheduled to take place in London.

The suicide bombing took place on Monday night moments after Grade’s concert at the Manchester Arena. More than 60 people were injured in addition to the 22 who died.

On Tuesday, British Prime Minister Theresa May raised the terrorism threat level from “severe” to “critical” and said another attack on the United Kingdom may be “imminent.” Five people have been arrested in the U.K. so far.

Variety

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: