On December 5, meQasa, a technology company in Ghana, historically signed an agreement of partnership with The Ghana Real Estate Professionals Association (GREPA) to create and develop a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to serve as the central database for the Ghana real estate industry. The MLS will be available as REDGhana.com and will be Ghana’s first multiple listing service to provide a tool and source for property information and data management.
“The purpose of the MLS/REDGhana.com, is to streamline real estate transactions in Ghana and promote transparency and trust between Agents and their clients within the Industry. A MLS platform is the single most important tool that will drive our business and has been a priority for GREPA since its conception. We are excited to partner with meQasa for their technological expertise in building this very critical tool,” saidVictoria Sampah, President and Founder of GREPA.
“meQasa shares GREPA’s vision to promote transparency and professionalism amongreal estate professionals and the institutional development of real estate in Ghana so I consider them an ideal partner to move forward in this direction,” said Kelvin Nyame, CEO of meQasa, “the easiest place to buy, sell and rent properties online in Ghana.”
The GREPA MLS (REDGhana.com) will serve as a data portal which will accumulate, correlate and disseminate information to enable real estate brokers, government institutions, researchers, investors, valuation companies and students to follow best practices in real estate transactions. Additional benefits of REDGhana.com include:
- The MLS is a tool to help listing brokers find cooperative brokers working with buyers to help sell their clients’ homes.
- Provides a system of cooperation, allowing for a more consolidated property information database and doing away with the currently existing fragmented system in the industry.
- Transparency: All member agents have access to detailed information for a property including who has representative rights over it which allows for hassle-free payments.
- Data Syndication: Allows properties entered into the MLS to be automatically publishes to various online listing websites for the general public.
- IDX – (Internet Data Exchange) – will enable real estate professionals to display the most comprehensive and up-to-date property listing data from the MLS on their own real estate websites. Agents will be able to easily upload listings from the database onto their website.
- Buyers and sellers can work with the professional of their choice, confident that they have access to an authentic largest pool of properties for sale in the marketplace.
- Through the MLS, Agents are guaranteed their compensation.
Kelvin Nyame of meQasa was joined by GREPA Executives in attendance at the signing: Mr. Jules Williams, Co-Founder, Mr. Richard Mantho, Executive Vice President, Mr. Herbert Lawson, 1st Vice president, Mr. Nartey Tetteh, Director of Events, Nana Oye Larbi, Director of Professional Development & Research, Anita Adjei, General Secretary, Dorcas Adjei-Mensah Treasurer and Gadaf Ahmed, Executive Member