The Circle branch of the Vienna City Entertainment Centre was razed down by fire on Thursdays, March 31, 2016.
The fire started after 5:00pm just as cleaners were readying the place for the evening business.
“They had just finished cleaning and turned on the air conditioners to dry up the place. Then we saw sparks come from one of the air conditioners. We used a blower to stop it, but a few minutes later we saw the sparks again and when we tried the blower, more fire was coming out. We decided to call in the electrician who advised that we call the Fire Service and then all we saw was a flash of fire which torched the ceiling and started spreading.”
According to the report by Graphic.com, contents of several rooms at the popular money making centre were reduced to ashes as scores of fire and police personnel battled to put out the fire suspected to have been caused by a faulty air conditioner.
Unfortunately, two workers of the facility and a fire officer got injured.
Photos Credit: Graphic Online