Glitz Africa, publishers of Glitz Africa Magazine and creators of the Glitz Africa Fashion Week, is proud to announce the “Glitz Style Awards”.
Fashion fades, style is eternal. Style is expressing who you are without having to say a word. The word style today is used in several contexts and situations.
And hence Glitz Africa, Ghana’s premier lifestyle brand, sought to redefine style by honouring path-breaking personalities who have pioneered their respective fields, be it movies, business or industry.
GLITZ Style Awards is established to celebrate and recognize true inspirational creativity, success and contributions to the Fashion and style industry in Ghana annually.
Read Also: Massive Turnout At Miss Ghana 2015 Accra Auditions: Meet The Beautiful Ladies | Jackie Appiah As A Guest Judge
The strategic focus of the awards is to strengthen the growing Ghana fashion industry through development, promotion and setting international industry standard. This event is an opportunity for the fashion industry to celebrate and promote the extraordinary creative talents in Ghana and Africa as a whole.
The ceremony will be a Glitz Africa big night out to see the best of the Ghanaian and international fashion industries joined by a glamorous line-up of guests and presenters.
There will be a selection panel who will form the fashion council to nominate choices in all the categories. The panel will include leading industry insiders, including journalists, buyers, influencers and opinion formers
The Glitz Style Awards will approach over 200 members of the fashion industry to vote for the winners of this year’s accolades. The voting guests will include Ghanaian and international industry insiders including journalists, fashion bloggers, stylists, buyers, influencers and fashion icons.
The final results will 50% Public vote from fashion congress, 10% from social media and 40% from Awards Fashion board.
The glamorous evening will see awards presented to the leading figures in fashion, recognizing creative talent and design excellence across all areas of the industry and attended by industry members, including retailers, models, celebrities and media, and few members of the public who will purchase tickets to attend. The general public will have an opportunity to vote on a few of the final category list through text messages.
The categories are as follows:
1. Designer of the Year
– Awarded to the most innovative and talented women or men’s wear designer who has demonstrated and sustained passion for originality and diversity
2. Emerging Designer of the Year
–.Awarded to an innovative and directional designer who is emerging as an influential force in the Ghanaian Fashion industry.
3. Red Carpet Designer Award
– Awarded to the most innovative designer, to recognize the quantity and quality of her designs worn on the red carpet
4. Best Dressed Celebrity on Red Carpet
– Awarded to an individual who most embodies the spirit of fashion on red carpet shows
5. Model of the Year – Unisex
– A Ghanaian model who has emerged as a leading name in the modelling industry and is making a strong mark in all aspect of the Ghanaian / international fashion scene.
6. Accessory designer/ Brand of the Year
– An innovative and original accessories designer who is an influential force in Ghanaian fashion in the Accessories category
7. Glitz Africa Magazine Style Icon Award – Non voting
– Awarded to an individual who embodies the spirit of the city and is an international ambassador for Accra as a creative fashion capital
8. Stylish Music Artist of the Year
– awarded to a music artist who most embodies the spirit of fashion and style.
9. Stylish TV Personality of the Year
– Awarded to a TV personality who most embodies the spirit of fashion and style
10. Stylish Movie Star of the Year
– Awarded to an actor who most embodies the spirit of fashion and style
11. Stylish Radio Personality of the Year
– Awarded to a radio personality who most embodies the spirit of fashion and style
12. Best Individual Style
– Awarded to an individual who most embodies the spirit of fashion and style
13. Fashion Blog of the Year
– Awarded to an individual who runs a fashion themed blog, portraying consistency, originality of content, user engagement and blog popularity
14. Fashion Photographer of the Year
– awarded to a fashion photographer who demonstrates a fresh eye for images with impact, originality and creativity. As well as one who creates beautiful images showing how fashion is more than just clothing, but a true medium of art.
15. Stylish Sports Personality
– Awarded to a sports personality who most embodies the spirit of fashion and style
16. Stylist Business Executive
– Awarded to a corporate or business personality who most embodies the spirit of fashion and style