, pub-5681275024042777, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Faulty Air-Conditioner Sparked Vienna City Entertainment Centre Fire

Preliminary investigations have revealed that the fire that consumed popular club Vienna City Thursday evening was sparked by a faulty air-conditioner.

Cash and properties worth Thousands of cedis were also destroyed in a fire that started around 9 pm.

The Accra branch of Vienna City is directly opposite the Goil filling station which was burnt down in the June 3, 2015 disaster, which claimed over 150 lives.

The fire which lasted for more than an hour was eventually quenched after personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service arrived at the scene.

There was no casualty but fire Personnel struggled to stop the fire from spreading to a nearby filling station and several banks around the area.

This is the first major fire outbreak in the area after last June’s disaster at the Goil filling station.

A worker at the popular night club in an interview with Starr News said the lack of alternative routes to the facility frustrated the work of the fire fighters.

“The fire people had problems entering with their cars hence this level of damage… I don’t think there is anything that can be salvaged except the machines at the Casino.”


Vienna City Entertainment Centre

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: