Ivory Coast hosts Ghana in the African Cup of Nations finals on Sunday February 8, 2015 at the Estadio de Bata stadium in Equatorial Guinea.
Below are some facts about the match.
- Ivory Coast have reached their third Afcon final in the last six editions. They lost the 2006 and 2012 finals on penalties, whilst their only Afcon triumph – in 1992 against Ghana – came via a shootout.
- Ghana have reached their ninth Afcon final, more than any other team. They have won four tournaments and finish runners-up four times.
- The nine previous meetings between these teams in this competition have produced one draw – a goalless stalemate in the 1992 final, which was won 11-10 on penalties by The Elephants.
- Ivory Coast have the best shot conversion rate in the tournament (22%). Ghana’s 20% is the third highest.
- Serge Aurier has attempted (36) and completed (16) more dribbles at this tournament than any other player.
- Wilfried Bony (two goals and three assists) and Andre Ayew (three goals and two assists) have been involved in the most goals in this tournament.
- Bony has conceded the most fouls in the tournament (24). He has also won the joint-second most (18).
- Newly-signed Manchester City striker Bony has scored two headed goals in Afcon 2015, no one else has recorded more than one.
- Both these teams scored three goals in their quarter and semi-final wins; Ghana have not scored 3+ goals in three consecutive Afcon games since 1965.
- The Elephants have kept one clean sheet in their last seven Afcon matches
- Ivory Coast have won 25 corners and conceded 25 corners in the tournament; Ghana have won 26 (more than any other team), but have conceded just 13
- Ghana have faced just six shots on target in this tournament, the fewest of any team; Ivory Coast have faced 17