Multiple Award winning rapper, C.E.O of Black Avenue Muzik (Record Label & Talent Management), Black Avenue Works (Advertising & Marketing firm) and Black Avenue Films.
D-Black scops the number 12 position on this year’s Top 20 most influential Ghanaian Showbiz personalities list. Being the only rapper on the list, D-Black is also the youngest personality on the list.
The 27 year old rapper / entrepreneur in his four year career, has amassed his wealth and success from performances in Ghana, Nigeria, The U.K, U.S.A, South Africa and more, his critically acclaimed Yes Boss Nationwide tour, The Yes Boss Concert, revenue from his two solo album’s ‘Music, Love & Life’ & ‘The Revelation’, brand engagement deals with Rlg Communications , his Black Avenue Muzik label & recording studio and well as advertising and marketing services via his Black Avenue Works firm for brands such as Coca Cola, Rlg Communications, Tropo Fisheries, Absolut Vodka and more.
D-Black has also ventured into real estate via his Black Avenue Office Complex projects and his Black Avenue Clothing brand which he has been seen sporting in recent times ahead of its’ commercial release date October 2013. Nigerian Rapper and X –Factor Judge M.I recently rocked the Black Avenue Clothing Snapback cap in one of the most recent episodes of X-Factor.
Below is the list of The Top 20 Most Influential Entertainment Industry Personalities
1. Bola Ray, CEO of Empire Entertainment & Joy fm Host
2. Samini, Dancehall Musician
3. Ignace Hego, CEO of 4syte TV,
4. Abdul Salam Mumuni, CEO of Venus Films,
5. Obour, current president of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA),
6. DJ Black of Joy Fm
7. Mrs. Theresa Ayode, CEO of Charter House
8. Shirley Frimpong Manso, C.E.O of Sparrow Productions
9. Kojo Antwi
10. Reggie Rockstone
11. Kweku Sintim-Misa (KSM), CEO of Saphire Entertainment
12. D Black, rapper and CEO of Black Avenue Group of Companies
13. Kofi Otchere Darko (1957 Clothing)
14. Abraham Ohene Djan, CEO of Ohene Media – OM Studios
15. Kiki Banson (DKB Records).
16. PY Addo of Bless Da Mic and co-host of Viasat One’s The One Show
17. Halifax Ansah Addo , NEWS-ONE editor
18. Sammy Forson of YFM and Sarkodie’s manager
19. Bulldog of Bullhaus Entertainment
20. Mark Okraku Mantey of Slip Music
The list was compiled by Smiles Magazine / News One.
D-Black is set to release his first music video for 2013 on the 28th of June in collaboration with Google, Youtube & Rlg Communications. The yet to be released song and video ‘Black Clouds’ features Nigerian songstress Waje and was shot by South African film crew Gorilla Films and directed by Mawuli Akpabi of Black Avenue Films.