AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS GROUP C
- Venue: Mongomo
- Date: Friday, 23 January
- Kick-off: 16:00 GMT
Algeria will go through to the Africa Cup of Nations knockout stages if they beat Ghana and Senegal do not lose in their later match against South Africa.
Desert Foxes coach Christian Gourcuff says all his players are fit, including Rafik Halliche, who had been an injury doubt.
Ghana are uncertain if striker Asamoah Gyan will return after missing their win over Senegal with malaria.
Boss Avram Grant said: “I hope he’ll play, I want him to play.”
- All three previous Africa Cup of Nations meetings between these two sides came in the 1980s, with each team winning once.
- Ghana have failed to score in their two previous group games against the Desert Warriors. On the other occasion, they were 3-2 winners in the 1982 semi-final, going on to win the tournament.
- Algeria’s opening day victory over South Africa was only their third group game win in 14 attempts.
- Ghana have lost just two of their last 12 Africa Cup of Nations group games (W8 D2).
- The Black Stars only had two shots on target against Senegal, with the second arriving in the 39th minute.
- Algeria have scored five times in their last two games at the tournament, as many as they have managed in the nine matches prior.
- Ghana have only lost once at this tournament on a Friday (13 games), though this defeat was their last match played on this day (v Ivory Coast in 2010).