As someone who stands just under five feet, two inches, it’s not difficult to meet a guy that surpasses me in terms of height. Usually it’s a comfortable difference — a few inches at most, with his chin resting comfortably on my head.
Every once in a while, however, I find myself matched with a man who towers over my tiny frame. We’re talking about a height that the highest of heels can’t compensate for — at least a foot between the top of my head and his.
At first, it was frustrating. I had to earn my good-night kisses through toe stands and tiny jumps, two things I excel at, thanks to years of dance. But I’ve quickly learned that dating a larger-than-life guy comes with many perks, from the physical to the, well, physical. Here are nine reasons why dating a tall guy can be pretty great.
1. They shower you with sweet forehead kisses.
2. You no longer need a ladder to reach the top shelf.
3. You get the best view at outdoor venues.
4. You get an instant calf workout from all those tiptoe kisses.
5. They are pretty good at picking you up.
6. Which makes some things a lot easier.
7. You can finally bust out your highest of heels.
8. Everything is bigger.
9. Yes, ladies, really!