I am sure you have seen the billboard or one form of in-transit promo for rapper C-Real’s EmCEO album in town. Although much of his music is not in the mainstream, after the launch of his EmCEO album the rapper who became a hiphop fixture in Africa after wining second position in the Channel O Africa Emcee completion, has chalked some promotional landmarks in pushing the album over the past 6 months.
1. The first Ghanaian HipHop Album released onto all major online outlets.
2. The first Ghanaian HipHop Album made available beyond Silverbird store. It’s available in Shell Shops across the capital as well as a host of other accessible shops.
4. The Album promotional media on screens in ALL official University of Ghana and KNUST halls and hostel.
5. The Album promotional media on screens throughout the Accra Mall, running alongside big name brands like Samsung and MTN.
6. International Collaboration with Marked Men (Botswana) #NothingOnMe currently working on a Video to follow-up it’s success in the south.
7. International recognition and airplay on BET’s 106&Park (Hewale). Not just once, it’s on a playlist and has been aired several times.
8. Also working on something BIG with John Dumelo
9. Shooting Opeimu in Accra, Kumasi, Tamale and other well-known Ghanaian cities as opposed to the host of videos that are shot in Accra or just one location. Hmm, he wanted to show Ghana to the world
10. Album sales surprisingly good for an all-hiphop album in Ghana.
C-real is still in studio working on new projects ranging from His second Albumto a Spoken Word Album. Let’s wait and see what campaign he will cook up for these!